Cranberry Corn Bread
Adapted from Jenney Grist Mill
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted,
plus more to grease pan
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease an 8-inch by 8-inch
- 2. Cut each cranberry in half, place in large bowl with
confectioners' sugar, and mix.
- 3. Sift in cornmeal, flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder,
- 4. Blend milk, egg, and melted butter in a bowl. Pour over
cornmeal mixture and fold.
- 5. Pour into pan and bake for 20 minutes or until golden and
a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.